Clean Choc Chip Oat Bars
- 1 ½ Cup Honey or Maple Syrup or Xylitol
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups oat flakes
- 1 cup – organic sprouted spelt flour (one degree is the brand we use)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped nuts use fresh unsalted unroasted nuts and chop yourself
- 1 bag Lily's chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 15x10x1-inch pan.
- In large bowl, honey or maple syrup or xylitol and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix together oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir oat mixture into butter mixture mix well
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Spread in pan.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown and center is set.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.